Vietnam-Cambodia border crossing

Wayne66

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Dec 7, 2022
Chum Phae area
I'm asking a question for Brandon, the Malaysian guy who came to visit me the other month. He is doing a trip in Vietnam in Feb 2025

Quote "I will be flying into Saigon end February 2025 and planning the big trip from South to North (Hanoi) and this will be my 3rd tour of Vietnam.

As a ASEAN passport holder, I do not need visas but only allowed 30 days entry.
I estimate my tour will take around 6 weeks so I will have to do a quick border run into Cambodia around the 3rd week.

I am looking at the Le Thanh, Vietnam border crossing into Oyadav, Cambodia.

I am uncertain if this border crossing allows foreigners and if it is possible to exit Le Thanh, Vietnam , enter Oyadav, Cambodia and then exit Oyadav and enter Le Thanh, Vietnam again on the same day?
If possible I intend to do the border run in a day without staying overnight at Cambodia.

I will leave the rental bike at the hotel at Le Thanh for the border run".

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Wayne

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Cant your friend just apply for an e-visa that is valid for 90 days? Its given to citizens of all countries and territories and costs only 25 $. And thus it will be cheaper than to enter Cambo and pay for a visa there and then pay for another visa for Vietnam, and add travel expenses to and from the border etc etc

«Starting from August 15, 2023, an e-Visa is issued to citizens of all countries and territories and is issued for multiple-entry up to 90 days. The e-Visa costs 25 USD.[30][31]«

Reactions: Wayne66

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
From

Le Thanh / O Yadao crossing
This remote crossing links Banlung in northeast Cambodia to Pleiku in Vietnam, with a through trip between the two taking about six hours.
From the Vietnamese side, buses run from Pleiku to Duc Co, from where you’ll need to grab a xe om for the last 20km to the border.
From the border to Ban Lung is a trip of about 70km. Expect to pay US$15-20 to charter a car for the run, $10-15 by moto.

Don't know how up to date that info is.
May I suggest he contact his planned hotel at Le Thanh to see if they know more.

Reactions: Wayne66